Wednesday, October 8, 2014

Book Review: An October Bride by Kate Ganshert

So I'm back with my second book review!  Twice in one week!!  I'm on a roll!!!  Today's book is:  An October Bride by Kate Ganshert.  I've read the majority of these Year of Wedding Novellas, finding some more successful than others.  I must say, this one, was FABULOUS!!  I don't think the blip on Amazon does it any justice!!

Emma Tate is reeling from the fact that her beloved father is dying.  The doctor has only given him months to live.  He's been using this time to take advantage to make life memorable.  While her parents are on a trip out of town, and Emma is taking care of their cat she discovers her father's bucket list.  He's managed to cross off just about everything off his list, everything he has control over.  However, Emma realizes there is one thing he has no control over, but she does.  The last item on her dad's bucket list?  To walk her down the aisle!! 

There's only one problem with this, not only is Emma not engaged presently, she's not even dating anyone, and hasn't since she broke up with her fiance two years ago.  She confides her discovery to one of her best friends, Jake Sawayer, who gallantly comes up with the plan for them to get married, and give her father something to remember!!  Of course at the time they tell each other (and themselves) that it's all pretend, but is it really??  Be sure to pick up "An October Bride" to find out what happens next!!

This was definitely a great book!!!  The plot sucks you in and you can't help but not want to put it down!  The characters seems almost real and you're heart definitely breaks for Emma in a way as you watch her try to deal with the fact that her Dad is really dying.  Having never read one of Kate Ganshert's books I was so excited that I loved htis book as much as I have!  It looks like I'll be checking out more from this author!!  I hope she writes a full length novel with some of the other characters from this book!! 

No comments:

Post a Comment