Saturday, October 4, 2014

Big and Rich

So this last week as been crazy busy... of me trying to beat this stupid cold I probably got from one of my lovely Preschool Kiddos at work.  Such is the life of a Preschool Teacher!  lol  After fighting it for a full week I thought I was on the mend, but then last Saturday morning hit and I found myself sicker than I have been in ages!  UGH!!!  I slept most of the day and felt marginally better on Sunday.  Monday I went to work, because unlike some of these insane women at my daycare, I don't call in unless I feel like I can't work. Luckily for me, after Monday I only got better!!  WOHOO!!!  Still fighting it slightly, but I think I'm on the mend!

So since moving to California we have found THE BEST RADIO STATION EVER!!!!  95.3 KRTY plays an awesome mix of music AND have some awesome concerts at one of the local clubs!!! The best part is the most expensive ticket so far has been $20, and I've always been first or second from the stage! Thanks to this amazing partnership I've seen The Swon Brothers, Haley and Michaels, Scotty McCreery, The Brothers Osborne, Eli Young Band, and a few others. 







Thursday night I saw Big and Rich!!!!!!  OMG!!!!!  What an AMAZING show that was!!!  The opening number, the Railers, wasn't too shabby, I loved their sound, but wasn't crazy about the songs they played.  Then it was time for the show!  It started out with DJ Sinister taking the stage and playing amped up mixes of some of Country's biggest hits.  After a 10ish minutes of this Big and Rich took the stage and started with their Hit:  "We're Coming to Your City,"  and it was a party that never stopped!!!! 

Being second from the stage was AMAZING!!!  I was able to see all the details like both of John Rich's guitars had writing in glitter underneath the strings on the neck, his Red Electric guitar said IN GOD WE TRUST, and his black Acoustic Guitar said FREEDOM.  Being second from the stage I touched both of their hands!  lol  And while attempting to touch John Rich's hand, hit his guitar as well, I know, I know I'm a dork!  lol




My highlight came at the end of the show when Big Kenny took a pocket knife out of his jeans and CUT his Tank Top off and knotted it then threw it into the crowd!!!  My first thought was:  "OMG I NEED to catch this,"  then it was "there's no way he's just going to throw it to the second row."  BUT as it turns out, he threw it right in my direction, it hit me as it fell to the ground at me feet.  Needless to say I was down on the ground grabbing it instantly!!  I have to say my Church Basketball days came in handy, as I had to snatch it away from someone else... I felt like I was fighting over a basketball all over again!  lol  But as my Mom likes to say still, I was good at that!!  I came up victorious with my prize!!  Only downside is they didn't hang around to sign it!!  lol


Anyways.... that's it for now... I want to do a Book Review here, hopefully today or tomorrow!!!!! 

No comments:

Post a Comment