Saturday, October 4, 2014

Book Reivew #1

Sooo... I know I posted earlier today, but like I said, I was hoping to do a book review, so I'm back on to do it!!  I love following some of my favorite authors on Twitter and Facebook so I know when a new book is released and/or one of the books is on sale!!  One of the Authors I follow is Dana Mentink, a fellow San Francisco Bay Area resident, and fabulous writer!  I received her November new release to read and review so I decided to re-read her Love Inspired Suspense Treasure Seekers series to gear me up for her new book!!!  (That I'm dying to read, but trying to resist because she specifically asked to post the reviews in the first week of November when it releases, and I know I won't be able to contain myself once I read it!!  And I read really fast soo.... )   I'll truly review the first book, but give snippets of the other two books in the series!! 

The Series first book is:  Lost Legacy.




This was definitely my favorite book in the Series!!!  It definitely doesn't hurt that it's based in San Francisco, and I can totally picture all of the imagery she so wonderfully uses in her book to describe the area and weather!  lol  Anyways... back to the plot.  Brooke Ramsey is a loving daughter trying to track down a previously undiscovered Tarkenton painting her father had found.  Her father, a known "art freak" who has devoted most of his life to art history, sent the said painting to a friend Professor Colda, who is an Art History Professor at Bayside College, to evaluate and determine if in fact it is the undiscovered Tarkenton painting he's been reading and searching for.  The problem is, the esteemed Professor Colda has gone missing!  Brooke goes to the Treasure Seekers Agency to help her track down the missing painting.  At first Victor Gage and his sister Stephanie turn down the case, a series of unfortunate events leads them to take the case after all.  Will the trio find the painting?  Did Professor Colda take it and try to run with it, and claim it as his own find?  And what past events in both of these families lives connect them more than they initially realized??  Read on to find out more!!! 

I LOVED this book!!!  The plots twists and turns kept me guessing until the very end!!  Which is not easy!!  Every time you think you've reached a conclusion something happens and you start second guessing yourself and the decisions you made!!  Being a Christian Romantic Suspense book there was definitely some lovely Christian themes running throughout the book, but not overtly.  I definitely give this book 5 stars and it will be one of those books I read over and over again! 

The other two books in the series are also great reads!! 


Dangerous Melody 


Dangerous Melody is Stephanie Gage's story and is slightly more predictable than the other two books in the series.  I will say that Dana Mentink upped the suspense in Dangerous Melody, which really makes up for the somewhat predictable ending.  I'd give this book 4.5 stars out of 5.  

Final Resort

Final Resort is the last book in the series and tells the story of Luca Gage.  This was my least favorite in the series, but definitely still a great read!!!  Great suspense, but somewhat unbelievable.  The ending is one of my favorites of any books I've read!!  The treasures they find are amazing and the true treasure is one we all need to make sure we hold dear!  This book I would give 4 out of 5 stars. 


No comments:

Post a Comment